It is so hard to believe that it is that time of year again, but once more the Springer is putting on a knock-out season for Columbus!
- The Full Monty– Sept. 17 – Oct. 3
Based on the Academy Award-winning film of the same name, six laid-off steel workers see their wives’ obsession with the Chippendales and decide to perform as male strippers in a desperate attempt to raise much needed cash. The men confront their feelings of insecurity and ultimately discover strength and dignity as they take charge of their lives again. A hit Broadway musical that dares to bare its soul to reveal its heart.
- Bear Country- Oct.14-30 ~Few names in sports history instill as much awe and reverence as Paul “Bear” Bryant. For decades, Bear Bryant’s name was synonymous with Alabama and national football championships. Fame followed him, tormented him and tempted him, chiseling a towering character of Shakespearean proportions. Bear Country is a breathtaking play that explores the wit, wisdom and wonder of a man who rose from dirt poverty to become the standard by which college football coaches are judged.
- God’s Man in Texas- November 11-20~ Houston’s Rock Baptist is a mega-church complete with media ministries, dinner theatre, gym, swimming pools, bowling alley, multiplex cinema, retail stores and ministries for singles, alcoholics, seniors and overweight women. Rock’s legendary pastor, 81-year-old Philip Gottschall, is finally retiring and young Jeremiah Mears is invited to audition for the job by preaching a month of guest sermons. A titanic Biblical struggle between the men climaxes during Rock’s spectacular electrical Christmas parade. There is sacrifice, resurrection and, finally, salvation as God whispers the answer.
- The Wizard of Oz- Dec. 9-23~
- Tuna Christmas-
- Dracula- Sep. 17-Oct.3~ Twilight reveals that the lovely young Lucy Seward has been struck by a mysterious illness and her father suspects something supernatural. He calls in a specialist – Dr. Van Helsing, who reveals that the girl is the victim of a vampire. The culprit is discovered to be a handsome neighbor named Dracula and Van Helsing sets out to destroy him. But the charming Dracula has other plans – plans he’s been hatching for 600 years. Bloody fun.
- High School Musical- March 3-19
- The Lady With All The Answers- April 14-30 ~For 50 years Ann Landers answered thousands of letters on such personal and wacky issues as nude housekeeping, the proper way to hang toilet paper, sibling rivalry, religion and wandering spouses. Landers served up blunt, insightful, often hilarious advice. But on a night in 1975, she confronts a fresh kind of heartbreak – her own. And she shares it with her readers. A funny, gossipy reunion with the eccentric stranger who seemed like family. Starring Judy Leavell as Ann Landers.
- LakeBottom Proper- May 5-21~ Tad and Rowena Tuttle, a pair of social climbing 30-somethings, live on the “good side” of Lakebottom Park and they’re desperate to get their dumbbell daughter, Portia, accepted at Brookstone. After a chance meeting at the Lewis-Jones deli counter, Tad invites the president of Brookstone over for cocktails. But just as Rowena sets the last hors d’oeuvre tray, her half-nuts mother arrives in a rusted pickup with a mutant farm animal in the back. Then a ransom note arrives – Portia’s been kidnapped. A wild new comedy.